..poOh is hAvIng a gReAt tIme....

..poOh is hAvIng a gReAt tIme....
....iSn't hE cUte.....

....aN aNgEl froM heAven sEnt by GoD...

....aN aNgEl froM heAven sEnt by GoD...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Realize

High school is a strange time. After six years of trying to develop identity and friends in elementary school, I already realized in the earlier grades how important high school success is, as measured by GPA, would be to my future life, and as a result I am applying to college with seemingly contradictory measures of my ability to perform college-level work. But then I realized it isn't just about the books to read, the lessons to understand and the requirements to pass but also the people to mingle with and to enjoy every single day of my life.
During the first day of school, I already expected to see most of my classmates in elementary but since I am an introvert type of a person I was still worried on how am I going to get along with them. Yet, I was really determined to go to school because as what my father has said, nobody can ever steal our knowledge and getting through all the tedious and long process of education is the proper way of achieving it.
At first, I go to school and went home alone, I seldom talk to someone and I only focused myself in my studies and household chores. I was contented of doing it and did not even care if others find it boring. What I care more during those times is that my parents were proud of me and that they appreciate my job well done.
But then one day, as to my surprise, I found myself hanging out with some of my classmates and eventually, I was laughing with them and punching my own jokes as well. Then, one of them told me that they were wrong in thinking that I was a nerd and does not even know how to laugh or even smile and she even ask me to be more approachable to others rather than to be silent, that I also make other things rather than for school only and that life is not just about being serious in accomplishing one's responsibilities but also to enjoy and to experience new things.
When I was alone in my room, I thought of what my classmate has told me and than I realized she was right, being happy and taking a break sometimes is not bad after all. I can also be funny as others are, without taking my responsibilities for granted. That school is not work alone but fun as well.
But then it was not easy for me to change myself immediately, but due to the experiences I had, I have changed myself step by step, little by little,towards a new and better me.
High school did not only expose me to things academically but also socially. It has also taught me to treasure every moment I spent with the people I go with, to look at life as a matter of ups and downs and to take the courage to stand up and face the world proudly, knowing that I am not alone to tackle every obstacle in my life.I also realize that spending time with others helps us to know more about ourselves and to develop the abilities that we have.
And as I graduated in high school, I already knew that I have successfully stepped another milestone in my life, knowing that I have not only developed my intellectual skills but also my social skills, which I practise not only in school but also in every place I go.

No comments: